District Media Group (DMG) seeks: an articulate, creative, personable, media-savvy, news junkie for the position of intern for Spring 2021.
A successful intern is able to: work independently, manage time wisely, and communicate effectively with the DMG team.
A successful intern is able and will be expected to:
- Monitor the news
- Draft press statements
- Assist with pitch writing
- Pull TV and radio clips and create highlight reels
- Generate media reports
- Strategize for brand development on DMG’s social media platforms
- Build DMG’s following on all social media platforms
- Draft posts and create graphics for social media
Qualities (preferred, not required):
- Knowledge of broadcast media
- Understands news of day and political trends
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms
The DMG team has over a decade of experience training lawmakers, policy analysts, scholars, authors, reporters, entrepreneurs, and organization leaders to interview on some of the most complex and pressing issues facing our nation and the world. We excel at breaking down complicated and divisive topics to ensure clients receive expert assistance to craft messages that persuade rather than polarize.
Our clients have appeared on national and international broadcast networks including CNBC, Fox News, CNN, BBC News, and NBC to weigh in on timely questions and hot-button topics at critical moments in time.
*This internship opportunity is unpaid and requires the ability to work remotely.
To apply: send a resume, writing samples and cover letter to email@example.com.