Job Opening: Account Executive
District Media Group (DMG) seeks: an articulate, creative, personable, media-savvy, news junkie for the position of account executive.
A successful account executive is able to: work independently, manage time wisely, and communicate effectively with the DMG team.
Account associate duties include:
- Monitoring the news
- Drafting press statements
- Assisting with pitch writing
- Pulling TV and radio clips and creating highlight reels
- Generating media reports
- Strategizing for brand development on DMG’s social media platforms
- Building DMG’s following on all social media platforms
- Drafting posts and creating graphics for social media
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong writing skills
- Self-starter, highly organized
- Creative and takes initiative on new ideas
- Work experience in a communications role
- Understands news of the day and political trends
- Familiarity with broadcast media programs
- Strong interest in media and public policy
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on a team
- Ability to multitask and to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish with little direction, working on tight project deadlines
- Commitment to the client’s mission and goals
The DMG team has over a decade of experience training lawmakers, policy analysts, scholars, authors, reporters, entrepreneurs, and organization leaders to interview on some of the most complex and pressing issues facing our nation and the world. We excel at breaking down complicated and divisive topics to ensure clients receive expert assistance to craft messages that persuade rather than polarize.
Our clients have appeared on national and international broadcast networks including CNBC, Fox News, CNN, BBC News, and NBC to weigh in on timely questions and hot-button topics at critical moments in time.
*This position requires the ability to work remotely.
*If you do not watch network or cable news, DO NOT apply for this position. DMG is only interviewing candidates who are already familiar with broadcast programming.
To apply: send a resume, writing samples, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.